Crew Chief- Driller
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our
world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their
resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across
our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and
development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us
for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and
responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and
defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to
provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical
to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job
to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and
sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across
the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse
talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value
each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all
its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you
to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to
something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values
and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We
celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from
each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together,
we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive
benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching
career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to
chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Crew Chief responsibilities are to supervise employees in
performance of Well Abandonment & Intervention Services duties both
onshore and offshore. Additionally, they should be contributing
towards improvement of safe work practices, service quality and
- Supervises Equipment Operator's while on the rig floor
- Coordinates activity on rig floor with Well-site
- •Responsible for maintaining well control on job site and
liaising with Supervisor and/or Customer Representative
- Plan daily activities and direct duties for the Equipment
- Ensure all JHA, Tailgate & safety meetings are conducted and
must have broad knowledge of SOP's for all unit equipment
- Maintain well in accordance with downhole conditions
- Ability to calculate wellbore displacements
- Must have the ability to grasp and adapt to changing work
environment and conditions
- Must be able to perform problem solving and troubleshooting
- Must be able to perform tasks requiring technical formulas and
- Required to attend Weatherford and customer required
specialized training courses pertaining to Well Abandonment &
- Required to work on 24 hr call status
- Required to work onshore and offshore for long periods of time
(no set schedule involved)
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with
all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and
Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company
policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by
supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Broad knowledge of Well Abandonment & Intervention equipment
- 5+ years previous oilfield experience
- 3+ years of Related experience
- Previous offshore rig experience
- Must be able to work independently and perform advanced tasks
with no supervision
- Good Supervisory skills
- Must have the ability to work well around others in close
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Keywords: Weatherford, Lafayette , Crew Chief- Driller, Other , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!