Iron Worker Journey Person - Onshore - US
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Ironworkers to join our team in
Ville Platte, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders,
job orders, specifications, blueprints ISO's or other drawings and
recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and
demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may
include(but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- 1 to 2 years of Journeyman experience.
Skills / Qualifications
- Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing
structural-steel members, with rigging knowledge for raising and
placing structural steel members.
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place
- Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into
- Pull, push or pry steel members into approximate position while
member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles,
crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
- Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using
plumb bob and level. Bolts align members to keep them in position
until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using
oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies.
- Load, transport, unload material, tools, equipment and
- May assist in lifting, positions and securing of materials and
work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules, including wearing required personal safety
- Performs other duties as required. .
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to
unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials
markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions
in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Lafayette , Iron Worker Journey Person - Onshore - US, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!