Company: IBERIA MEDICAL CENTER
Location: New Iberia
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Obtainsall necessary demographic and insurance information
required from patients, andotherwise ensures that all patients
registered in the hospital are done so inan accurate and timely
- Completesall necessary paperwork and obtains signatures
necessary to complete theregistration process.
- Calculates andcollects uninsured patients' deposits for
diagnostic services; collects ERcopays; collects deductibles from
patients who are admitted; and collectspatients' portion as
indicated by the Financial Counselor for scheduledservices.
- Informs patients of hospitalfinancial obligations on older
accounts and collects upon these past accounts.
- Communicates in a customer-friendly, professionalmanner to
assist our patients, visitors and other customers.
- Must be willing to work in any aspect of theregistration
process including pre-registration, Emergency Room, front
lobbyregistrations on either the main and north campus, or
- May operate the telephoneswitchboard during breaks and after
- Performs other work assigned during evening and slower periods
- Assists with quality assurance reviews and participates
inperformance improvement activities.
- Help out all co-workers as needed.
WORK HOURS: Varies -since the registration department is staffed
twenty-four hours a day, sevendays a week, 365 days a year, and all
employees are required to work someweekends and holidays,
regardless of any established work schedules.
WORKERS SUPERVISED: None
SUPERVISED BY: Registration Supervisor
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: N/A
- Training and Experience: On the job training - preferred
experience ina physician's office or hospital setting. Medical
terminology course preferred.
Iberia MedicalCenter provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicantsfor employment and prohibitsdiscrimination
and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protectedveteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any othercharacteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
IBERIA MEDICAL CENTER is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: IBERIA MEDICAL CENTER, Lafayette , Registrar, Other , New Iberia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!