Fire Lieutenant Airport - Rural Metro Fire
Company: Global Medical Response Inc
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Airport Fire Lieutenant/EMT Lafayette Regional Airport, LA
IMMEDIATELY HIRING! Full-time Opportunities Salary: Full-time:
$46,288/average annual compensation Work Hours: 24-hours on,
24-hours off with 38 Kelly Days We are hiring Airport Fire
Lieutenant with a passion for firefighting and a demonstrated
commitment to cultivating a positive, collaborative work
environment. Job Summary: This is skilled firefighting work in
combating, extinguishing and preventing aircraft, structural,
ground equipment and other fires: in answering emergency calls, and
in operation and maintenance of fire department equipment,
apparatus and station facilities. Work involves training for and
participating in duties of protecting life and property by
firefighting and rescue activities, usually under close
supervision. Employees of this class are required to learn and
participate in the operation of apparatus and the performance of
hazardous tasks under such handicaps as smoke and cramped
surroundings. Although firefighting and rescue work are the most
difficult and responsible areas of activity, the major portion of
time is spent in routine duties in the care and maintenance of fire
department property and equipment, training and studying methods,
techniques, and organization. On as needed basis performs
supervisory airport crash, fire, and rescue work. Commands aircraft
incidents in the absence of the Shift Fire Captain or Airport Fire
Chief. Examples of What You Will Do:
- Respond to all actual, potential or simulated aircraft,
hazardous materials (HAZMAT), structural and EMS incidents at the
Lafayette Regional Airport and make decisions determining the best
method of response.
- Respond to medical emergencies involving airport patrons and/or
employees and provide EMS commiserate to the appropriate level of
training, remove victims of all body weights to a safe environment
by any means necessary (within limits of personal safety).
- Ensure the station apparatus, equipment and spare equipment are
maintained in good condition and ready for service at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all daily, weekly, semi-annual and
annual vehicle and equipment inspections are completed.
- Perform inspections of buildings, structures, fueling
facilities and fueling vehicles for fire safety hazards and the
elimination of such hazards.
- Responsible for prompt and proper completion of required
- Assist in the implementation of the Airport Emergency Plan and
- Attend required training classes and train other
employees/airport tenants as needed.
- Responds to all calls dispatched to, both on and off Airport
- Responsible for driving emergency vehicles, navigating,
operating the audible warning devices, listening to and responding
to radio communications.
- Responsible for ensuring the safe response and arrival of crew
and apparatus to emergency scenes when driving apparatus.
- Assist or conduct all fire prevention classes and inspections
while on shift.
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of Airport property at
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but
not limited to weekends, holidays, rotating shift assignments and
- Must be able to work any shift assigned, including nights,
holidays and weekends to include scheduled and unscheduled overtime
and as needed on an emergency basis.
- supervises a unit of Airport Firefighters during an assigned
- Perform other duties assigned. Position Minimum Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate.
Background investigation and pre-employment drug screening is
- Must have NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1001 Firefighter I (State or
- Must be certified to NFPA 472, Hazardous Materials-Operations
level (State or IFSAC)
- Must have the ability to obtain certification as an NFPA 1003
Airport Firefighter (State or IFSAC) with current annual burn.
- Must be certified as a Louisiana State EMT at time of hire.
Must maintain the EMS certification throughout term of employment.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in
accordance with company policy. DUI within last 5 years is
- Must pass company background/ criminal history records check
Why Choose Rural Metro? As a national leader in private fire
protection services, Rural Metro Fire is one of Global Medical
Response's (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver
compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of
emergency and patient relocation services. View the stories on how
our employees provide care to the world at
www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values are at the core of
our services and vital to how we approach care and check out our
comprehensive benefit options at GlobalMedicalResponse.com/Careers.
*Get paid to work with your friends! GMR is looking for people like
you! GMR Employees, if you know someone like you, have them add
your name to their application and receive a Referral Cash Bonus!
#WeAreGMR #referralbonus #hiring #firefighter #airportfire
#ruralmetro #firehire EEO StatementGlobal Medical Response and its
family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which
includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable
accommodations for individuals with a disability. Check out our
careers site benefits page to learn more about our benefit
Keywords: Global Medical Response Inc, Lafayette , Fire Lieutenant Airport - Rural Metro Fire, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!