Part-time Researcher V (ID# 13969)
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Part-time Researcher V (ID# 13969)
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT's expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is head-quartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) supports federal efforts to provide research capacity to establish the objectives and develop the decision support tools in regards to several species in the Gulf of Mexico that are of conservation concern due to common stressors, such as habitat loss and degradation, predation, and human disturbance. In addition, this work will provide geospatial support to the federal agency/partners for efforts related to implementation of the Gulf Restoration Program and/or the Gulf Coast Prairie Landscape Conservation Cooperative (GCP LCC). This will also provide support to the Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority in the form of assistance with shorebird surveys.
The Researcher V position is needed to assist the CNT team with expertise in identification of shorebirds and in reading the bands of marked birds at great distances using binoculars and spotting scopes. The contractor must be capable of walking distances of several miles while carrying gear and recording data along the beaches of barrier islands. Specific tasks will include:
* Prepare field equipment and vehicles and transport equipment in a boat to a remote barrier island
* Identify and record the bird species present on the island as well as identify and record the markings of banded birds
* Provide assistance to other project staff as needed
* Provide the necessary data management and metadata to produce post-survey data summaries
* In addition to the major duties described above, the selected candidate shall possess basic knowledge in the following
* Ecology and natural resource management theory
* Gulf of Mexico natural history
* Data Management
* Bird species identification
* Maintain adequate documentation on all activities and document the status of all deliverables per established procedures and document technical and procedural methodologies for all deliverables
* Produce USGS compliant metadata for all deliverables.
* A Master's Degree in Natural Resource Management, Wildlife Ecology, Environmental Studies, or a similar field
* A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of relevant experience
* Have a basic knowledge of the following; ecology and natural resource, management theory, the Gulf of Mexico's natural history, data management and bird species identification
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
* Successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
* maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com". This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Lafayette , Part-time Researcher V (ID# 13969), Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!