35P Cryptologic Linguist
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: March 12, 2019
35P Cryptologic Linguist
Job ID: 1054727
Job Views: 10
Location: LAFAYETTE, Louisiana, United States
ZIP Code: 70508
Job Category: Signal and Military Intelligence
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Our national security relies on information gathered from foreign language sources. As a Cryptologic Linguist in the Army National Guard, you will learn to interpret the words, intent, and tenor of these foreign communications, and present it to the people who need it the most. In this role, you will perform or supervise the detection, acquisition, geolocation, identification, and exploitation of foreign communications using specialized signals equipment.
Specific duties of the Cryptologic Linguist may include: identification of foreign communications; categorizing signals by activity type; foreign communication analysis; recognizing changes in transmission modes and reporting the change; providing translation expertise to analysts; supporting Signals Intelligence tasking, reporting, and coordination; and providing transcriptions or translations of foreign communications.
* Identify and analyze foreign communications
* Recognize changes in transmission modes and tip the appropriate authority
* Provide translation expertise to analysts
* Provide transcripts and translations from foreign communications
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Identifying foreign communications from an assigned geographic area
* Analyzing foreign communications to support missions
* Procedures for handling classified information and preparing reports
* Talent for foreign languages
* Interest in speech, communications, and foreign languages
* Ability to work as a team member
* Enjoy reading and writing
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a translator for government agencies, embassies, universities, and companies that conduct business overseas.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Cryptologic Linguist requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and three to 80 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field. Soldiers who don't possess foreign language fluency will attend foreign language training at the Defense Language Institute for six to 18 months prior to attending Advanced Individual Training.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Lafayette , 35P Cryptologic Linguist, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!