Company: HD Supply
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Direct all sales and operations activities for a branch
location. Responsible for the execution of sales strategy. Develop
customer relationships and ensure satisfaction through operational
excellence. Responsible for talent acquisition and development and
retention of associates and adherence to company policies and
procedures. This position requires operation of a company vehicle
or a personal vehicle and such operation is done consistently more
than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position,
HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A
requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Accountable for profit and loss and inventory/accounts
receivable for assigned location(s). Achieves earnings before
interest and tax (EBIT), return on investment capital (ROIC), and
return on sales (ROS) goals.
- Safeguards company assets and associates. Provides operational
oversight and excellent in inventory management procedures.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial,
and operational support demands. Effectively utilizes training
programs to develop sales and operations expertise.
- Initiates and builds customer relationships with existing and
- Acts as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer
satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Monitors local market trends. Develops and executes strategies
to grow local market share and aggressively pursues business
- Works closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase
- Ensures efficient operations through adherence to policies and
procedures and process excellence. Maintains compliance with
applicable government regulations. Ensures environmental health and
safety and regulatory responsibilities are followed. Nature and
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree.
- Wholesale distribution experience.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to use computer systems and apply computer systems
knowledge to manage day-to-day operations. PRID PRID158 Job
Locations US-LA-Lafayette Posted Date 1 week ago (5/6/2020 9:57 AM)
Job ID 2020-37561 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations Remote Position? No Position Type
Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 70506 HD Supply is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Lafayette , Branch Manager, Professions , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!