ACE - Over the Road Driver
Company: AmeriGas Propane
Posted on: September 12, 2020
**$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS**
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company,
serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from
1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known
company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest
distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an
energetic person to join us as an ACE Regional Over-the-Road
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are
proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to
excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Generous bonus potential
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Paid Training
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
The ACE Regional Over-The-Road Driver delivers gas grill cylinders
to AmeriGas locations by tractor-trailer truck. In this position,
you would load and unload pallets of cylinders at the AmeriGas
District locations and Production Facility. Lay overs are possible
to comply with DOT regulation hours and the truck has a sleeper cab
available. The position is responsible for achieving delivery and
repair objectives. Drivers will communicate daily with the ACE
Operations Manager regarding work activities and may need to
participate in tank refurbishing to meet customer needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Forklift Certified, CTEP certification desirable
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving
• Bending and climbing in and out of the truck
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
• Must be flexible with delivery schedule and work hours as needed
to service our customers
Education and Experience Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid CDL with appropriate Hazmat endorsements and good driving
• 5 years' experience in regional hauling w/Tractor Trailers
• Experience securing loads in both cargo-van and flatbed
• No more than 3 tickets in 3 years and no accidents in the past 2
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass
a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment
drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be
subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas
policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive
work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use
medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician.
Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using
medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Nearest Major Market: Lafayette Louisiana
Job Segment: Delivery, Medical, Truck Driver, Warehouse, Forklift,
Retail, Healthcare, Manufacturing
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Lafayette , ACE - Over the Road Driver, Professions , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!