Warehouse Director - USBL - US
Company: Sysco Northeast Rdc
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Company: US0429 Doerle Foodservice, a Division of Sysco USA
IIZip Code:70518Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor's DegreeMinimum
Years of Experience:7 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel
Percentage: OVERVIEW:We offer our associates the opportunity to
grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of
a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that
exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented,
hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and
let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.JOB
SUMMARYThis is an Operations position responsible for directing the
activities associated with inbound and outbound warehouse
operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to,
directing activities related to product receiving, product
replenishment, order selection, order loading, expense and revenue
management; ensuring abidance of government regulations; providing
management and direction to warehouse staff; and ensuring safety
and security of the inbound and outbound warehouse
- Handles the daily work and safety of Inbound and Outbound
Warehouse managers, supervisors and other associates.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget and
work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervises the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of
Company assets in support of warehouse operations.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure
upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and
- Develops business relationships to ensure communication and
efficient operations with third-party vendors, including but not
limited to lumping services.
- Maintains current certificate of insurance and hold harmless
agreements for all contracted vendors.
- Reviews the management of shipping and loading audits daily
ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed
(including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP),
food safety, and catch-weight documentation) and that material is
handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for
- Prepares budget, profit plans, and capital requests as
- Evaluates metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists
with the implementation of changes within inbound and outbound
- Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other members of
management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
- Ensures the use and updating of receiving, selection and
loading software systems.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering
questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in
training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred
work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior
modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of
education and related experience.Experience
- 7 years of related experience and/or training.Certificates,
Licenses, and Registrations
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months.Professional Skills
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Capable of writing reports, business correspondence, and
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Proven knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing
software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and
- Adept in working with peers and associates from other
departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following
established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a
deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making an independent decision in support
of company policies and procedures promptly.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly.
- Consistently meet deadlines.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.Working ConditionsThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those associate encounters while performing the essential functions
of the job.
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts.
- The associate works non- traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating
Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e.
training, business continuation, etc.).
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- Periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of the environment and the level of work being
performed by this job. This job description in no way states or
implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only
tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate
will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform
any other job-related duties requested by his or her
supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will
be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.EEO/AA
EmployerApplicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity--is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Sysco is the global
leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to
restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging
establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from
home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies
for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than
57,000 associates, the company operates more than 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations. For fiscal year 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the
company generated sales of more than $53 billion. Sysco
Corporation, an Equal Opportunity Employer, endeavors to make the
Sysco Corporate Careers Website accessible to any and all users. If
you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . @ 2021 All
Rights Reserved. Sysco Corporation
Keywords: Sysco Northeast Rdc, Lafayette , Warehouse Director - USBL - US, Professions , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!