Lab Analyst, Wet Chemistry
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company Description -SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description -Our Scott, LA
laboratory is looking for a laboratory analyst to join their Wet
Chemistry -team.Summary: Prepare and analyze samples with accuracy
and precision in accordance to SGS' analytical SOPs. Work
independently and as part of a team to meet daily production
targets and ensure hold times and turnaround times are met.
Understand and apply basic analytical chemistry principles. Always
follow safe laboratory practices and maintain a safe working
- After appropriate training independently prepare and analyze
samples according to SGS' analytical SOPs using instrumentation
specific to the department and analytical methodologies
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration of
- May assist with validation and MDL studies.
- Assists with investigation, and preparation of responses to
client inquiries and CARs.
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support
the laboratory functions/operations.
- Maintains Laboratory Notebook where applicable.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications -Education and
- Associate Degree in a Chemistry or similar scientific
- 0-2 years of experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories OR
3 years of relevant experience (i.e. Sample Prep) (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree in a Chemistry or similar scientific
- 1-2 years of years' relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry
Laboratories (Preferred)Additional Information -SGS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and
promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. - Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Lafayette , Lab Analyst, Wet Chemistry, Professions , Scott, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!