Company: GEO Secure Services
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Facility: -LaSalle Detention FacilityPay: -$18.44 hr.Bonus (if
applicable): -H&W: $4.23 hr. This position is eligible to
receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid
up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per
year.Shift: Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30
hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an
energized workforce with options for you and your family
including:--- Paid time off ------------------------ Paid
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.Are you looking for a
career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to
do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and
recognition that comes with working for the industry's global
leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.Who We Are:GEO provides
complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners
worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and
community reentry services. From the development of
state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be
successful.SummaryThis position is responsible for securely
transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the
vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly
maintained.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of
all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection
Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that
all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before
beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are
problems before initiating a trip.
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment
before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if
there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate
and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the
facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a
facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is
obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining
detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while
transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all
application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws,
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility
management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed
information, both verbally and written, to requesting
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A valid "Class B" or "Class C" Chauffeurs Driver's License
(CDL) with a Passenger (P) endorsement at time of hire.
- Eighty (80) hours of verified and certified driver's training
from an approved company trainer and as defined by the U.S.
Department of Transportation.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law
Enforcement, or Military.
- Certification in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or
- A current driver's license with no preventable accidents,
suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated
(DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2)
moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3)
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug
and alcohol test.
- Ability to work overtime frequently.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Secure Services, Lafayette , TRANSPORTATION OFFICER, Professions , Jena, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!