Power Plant Technician III
Company: NES Fircroft
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Role Summary The Power Plant Technician III is a career level
technician that monitors equipment performance, and maintains
equipment as required to ensure acceptable performance. The
position works at a Client plant that generates electrical power.
Power Plant Technicians work rotating 12 hour shifts. Key
- Champions a corporate culture that emphasizes transparency,
integrity, safety, environmental responsibility, employee
development, diversity and inclusion, customer service, and
- Monitors and operates the power plant in a manner to reliably
meet Energy Operations and transmission control needs. Protect and
preserves unit assets without negatively impacting the unit's
equivalent availability targets due to operating errors.
- Operates plant equipment during start up, shutdown, normal and
emergency operations in an environmentally responsible and safe
manner consistent with plant, division, corporate and governmental
objectives. Possesses/obtains thorough knowledge of complex plant
- Performs maintenance activities which can be accommodated on
shift and supports maintenance teams as required. Investigates and
reports equipment problems to provide accurate information that
will enhance the overall maintenance efforts in order to maximize
the reliability and efficiency of the generating units.
- Conduct and participate in job briefings and safety meetings.
Support and execute plant safety procedures such as Lock Out Tag
Out (LOTO), Job Safety Analysis, Confined Space, Hot Work and
- Assist entry-level plant technicians to help train and support
them in their job responsibilities.
- Provide communication to their supervisor to provide plant
status updates on work, and identify risks to ensure reliable power
- Required participation in the multi-year Power Plant Technician
skill progression plan to develop key skills in operations. Upon
completion the employee should have the desire, aptitude and
ability to meet board operator qualification.
- Uses Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to analyze and
resolve problems with supervisor guidance and initiate new SOPs
- Responds to emergencies and deals with heightened security
- Balances stakeholders
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Nimble learning
- Plans and Aligns
- Strategic mindset
- Plant Equipment Utilization
- Plant Operations
- Operations Risk Management With over 90 years' combined
experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading
engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power &
Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and
Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45
countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering
and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is
needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional
recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas
and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and
accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to
support our clients.
Keywords: NES Fircroft, Lafayette , Power Plant Technician III, Professions , Baldwin, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!