Posted on: November 21, 2022
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Surveyor II will operate Survey and Positioning equipment in a
safe and efficient manner, and maintaining and repairing all
electronic sensoring, associated with survey equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for installing, calibrating, and operating surface
and subsea sensors for the real-time position determination of
vessels and remotely operated vehicles below the water.
- Operate equipment to include cameras (video and still),
acoustic positioning systems, sonars, subsea tooling, surface
- Knowledge of Surveyor data collection and analysis
- Maintains of parts and supplies inventory.
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
This position has no direct reports
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One (1) - Three (3) years' experience in the Survey industry as
a Survey Professional
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker
- Must have or be able to obtain a COVID Vaccination
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and any other
regionally mandated offshore work requirement documents as
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills
- Two (2) year Technical Degree or higher in field of study
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good
about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be
referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections
and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and
health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems
and job conditions
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate)
- Be able to perform basic field calculations
- Ability to use various information technology systems required
for successful job performance
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place
within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Respond politely to members of the community
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and
the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Team Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive
movements of the arms and hands.
- Lift 25-45 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms,
and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees,
workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients
are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully
vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of
Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals
who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start
date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for
this position will be required to prove that they are fully
vaccinated prior to their start date.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Lafayette , Surveyor II, Professions , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!