Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for ensuring on-time
delivery of equipment as per operational demands. The Mechanical
Technician improves maintenance related nonproductive time ratio of
the Product Line's assets within the Maintenance Base (MB) and
improves maintenance efficiency and people productivity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain assigned equipment according to the pertinent
maintenance program and compliant with the reliability centered
maintenance strategy through adherence to the Computerized
Maintenance Management System and standard work.
- Adhere to transactional discipline within Technology Lifecycle
Management (TLM) business systems to record materials and supplies,
labor costs and equipment maintenance performance history such as
movements, work orders, parts used and time to maintain.
- Comply with TLM Product Line standards.
- Participate in the continuous improvement culture, initiatives
and improvement plans within the MB to improve asset utilization
and cost of service delivery (CoSD).
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to improve asset
turnaround time, which includes reducing downtime due to
maintenance, parts and repair authorization numbers, failures and
- Support continuous improvement efforts to improve the
efficiency and productivity of Maintenance Technicians.
- Implement CoSD projects, such as the planned repair and reuse
- Participate in failure investigations as assigned.
- Comply with the TLM Competency Management System.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree in Mechanical is a plus - Equivalent
experience or Military experience will be considered
- Minimum 2-years of industrial/oilfield related experience
- Specific experience with Drilling tools and Measurements
downhole tools is a plus
- Has initiative and ability to work effectively with little
direction and/or few guidelines
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US,
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including
pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital
status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal
Opportunity Employer". For more information regarding your rights,
refer to the latest version of the "EEO is the Law" poster, the
"EEO is the Law-Supplement" poster, and the "Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision" located here: company website
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification
to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified
applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless
the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation
of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and
local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete
this form or to participate in the interview process, please
contact company website to request assistance. Please note that
only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they
belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion
commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion section of our
website for more information company website
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected
Keywords: Schlumberger, Lafayette , Mechanical Technician, Professions , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!