Equipment Technician Intern - Survey
Company: Oceaneering International, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As directed by the Equipment Coordinator, executes the onshore
preparation, repair, calibration, and maintenance of all Survey
Services equipment to include surface positioning, subsea
acoustics, AUV and ROV survey sensors, conventional geophysical,
light geotechnical and support equipment. The role will also
support C-Nav technical support group with testing, maintaining and
mobilization of C-Nav GNSS equipment in the EMEA region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all survey equipment, inventory, availability,
inspection, repair, calibration and maintenance, compliance,
including all relevant documentation.
- Responsible for conducting repair, calibration, and maintenance
of survey equipment.
- Responsible for the receiving, offloading, and staging of
offshore equipment returned to base.
- Responsible for conducting non-workshop related
- In conjunction with SCM, assists in the movements and
compliance of all survey owned equipment and 3rd party rental
- Ensures that maintenance standards are being executed with
Oceaneering maintenance standards, manufacturer recommendations and
regulatory requirements and periodic certifications.
- Assist Technical Support Lead, Product Manager and Commercial
Manager as required in equipment selection, asset readiness
profiles, cost for preparation estimates and other inputs required
in the support of area projects/installations.
- Participates in all HSE, Quality and Operational Excellence
- Key contributor to Survey equipment technical updates,
- Maintain necessary tools and equipment required to execute
equipment maintenance and repair.
- Verifies accurate asset allocation.
- C-Nav - Requires excellent communication skills to regularly
provide technical assistance, support, and advice to clients over
telephone and through the C-Nav online help desk.
- C-Nav - Tests, maintains, and prepares and dispatches C-Nav
GNSS equipment for clients in line with company QA procedure.
- C-Nav - Occasionally assists clients with the installation and
maintenance of C-Nav GNSS equipment on client worksites (including
offshore) in line with company HSE policies.
- C-Nav - Occasionally produces reports, QA procedures, manuals
and any other related technical documentation pertaining to the
operation and support of C-Nav GNSS equipment.
- C-Nav - Occasionally maintains inventory and stock levels of
all equipment and consumables for filed jobs.
- Shows enthusiasm for the services offered to the customer.
- Detailed and thorough work ethic.
- Be self-driven with the tenacity to work independently.
- Able to receive direction and apply imagination to
- Fluent English speaker, both written and spoken.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Able to pass an offshore physical
- Forklift Truck Certification
- Working at heights experience
- Demonstratable awareness of 5S and lean principles
- Experience of working in a Global organization across multiple
locations, including offshore.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations,
business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain work priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being
asked or required.
WORKING CONDITIONS (REQUIRES REGIONAL VARIANCE)This position is
considered HEAVY WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY/REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position is
considered HEAVY work. OCCASIONAL
- Lift 50-100 pounds (2-person lift)
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
stomach or back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Inc., Lafayette , Equipment Technician Intern - Survey, Professions , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!