Production Assistant (Part-Time/Temporary)
Company: Samson Rope Technologies
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Samson, the worldwide leader in high performance cordage, is
seeking Machine Operators to join our dynamic and innovative
Why work for Samson?
Being part of the Samson team means you will have the opportunity
to continue your education, advance within the company, be an
integral piece of making cutting edge world-class products, and
become a master of Lean practices.
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting machine
operators and production team with setup and preparation for
machine operation, general production housekeeping, and packaging.
The Production Assistant is expected to follow all Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP's) and safety procedures and requirements
at all times. This person must practice a high level of business
ethics, professionalism, safety and quality in all activities in
accordance with Samson strategy and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and
orderly work area, including, but not limited to the following:
cardboard and trash removal, equipment cleanup, and light work area
maintenance (painting, floor cleaning, etc.)
- Assist machine operators with machine preparation and
loading/offloading of materials, packaging, production paperwork,
and some basic machine operation
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete a
basic reading comprehension and math test.
We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal
Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug
Job Type: Part-time (8am - 12pm)
Salary: $13.25 /hour
Required: Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
with a working knowledge of percentages and fractions. High school
diploma or equivalent.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals and
build relationships with coworkers
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
in writing, and to take verbal direction
- Basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Windows and
- Production machinery
- Common hand tools
- Other tools as needed
Mental & Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and to
complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
- Work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities as
required by production demands
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others to
maintain constructive working relationships
- Manual dexterity required for working with machinery and
- Must be able to twist/turn, reach over shoulders and stand/walk
on a prolonged basis.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials:
10-25 lbs Frequently
25-50 lbs Occasionally
50-60 lbs Seldomly
- Work involves pushing/pulling of equipment on a frequent
- Must be able to hear and perceive the nature of sounds by
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to
include but not limited to; safety glasses, hearing protectors,
gloves, and steel toed shoes. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are
Keywords: Samson Rope Technologies, Lafayette , Production Assistant (Part-Time/Temporary), Professions , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!