**Lead Tubular Services Technician (Casing/Tubing/CDS Supervisor) - Gulf of
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and
knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with
dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes,
look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled,
knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to
deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest
land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore
drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international
markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services,
performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig
fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling
automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues
to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a
division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in
Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West
Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and
International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is
rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Lead Tubular Services
Technician (Casing/Tubing/CDS Supervisor).
The Lead Tubular Services Technician must be able to trouble shoot
the CDS, casing and tubing equipment. Must also have solid
analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. They must
assess problems in the field and dispatching technicians to rectify
the problem. The Lead Tubular Services Technician is a mentor to
technicians and a manager to the customer.
• Should be proficient with CDS, CCC, Tubing tools, maintenance,
equipment and able to safely direct crew members in the rig-up,
rig-down, and running procedures.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with rig
and operator personnel, complete all required paperwork (including
job packets), and troubleshoot equipment on location.
• Responsible for reporting any incidents, safety or quality, to
• Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is
to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and
running tools to enable carrying out operational activities such as
picking up, laying down, running, retrieving, connecting, tripping,
standing back and/or disconnecting all components of the casing
drill string, completion string, and when required, drill pipe.
• Responsible for completing all necessary operational and safety
paperwork, including but not limited to job packets, equipment
documentation, incident reports, etc.
• Assists and helps Driller carry out all operational activities
around the rig floor or any other area of the rig location as
designated by the Driller.
• Assists service company personnel in rigging up or down special
equipment and/or tools if instructed to do so by the Driller.
• Maintains a safe working environment and reasonably clean and
tidy rig floor area by picking up and storing all tools in their
respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials
and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as
• Maintain a knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig
safety rules and regulations.
• Financial responsibilities will be communicated by manager and/or
local or global Delegation of Authority, when applicable.
• Compliance with all Nabors Policies, Systems, and Standards,
including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human
Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• QHSE Excellence is our Highest Priority.
Job Description Minimums:
- Oil and Gas experience (5 years)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required to have a current and valid driver's license
- Required to reside within a one (1) hour drive of this
- Required to have reliable transportation to get to work on time
- Required to be able to work in remote locations
- Required to work all shifts and days of the week
- Common knowledge of sizes and weights of casing
Essential Skills / Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and
independently. Must be able to rig-up and rig-down the TT system in
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the
- Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
- Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the
- Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some
circumstances. Up to 16 hours.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds
- Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
- Required to attend and complete all required trainings for the
GOM and customer specific trainings.
- Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
- Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors
and in a non-climate controlled building.
- Repetitive motions.
- Will be required to perform job duties in adverse/inclement
- Will be required to be transported to/from an offshore marine
Keywords: Nabors, Lafayette , **Lead Tubular Services Technician (Casing/Tubing/CDS Supervisor) - Gulf of, Professions , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!