Solutions Architect (Post-Sales)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Upbound is the company behind Crossplane , the open source
project which started the control plane revolution in the cloud
native community. Upbound helps companies rise above the clouds
with our Crossplane powered Universal Cloud Platform. With Upbound
you get universal real-time visibility into all of your
infrastructure environments, the same API centric approach
Kubernetes pioneered for managing infrastructure and policies, and
self service infrastructure capabilities. As a Senior Solutions
Architect at Upbound, you'll be a vital part of our Sales team,
focusing on the post sales implementation of solutions sold to both
our enterprise customers and users of our products in the open
source community. Drawing from your deep technical knowledge and
experience with implementing cloud native solutions, you will have
a significant impact on driving and executing the technical
implementation of Upbound's products and solutions. This will
include building rapport with our new and existing customers to
ensure a smooth delivery and adoption of our products. In this
role, you will:
- Closely partner with the Upbound pre sales team to transition
customers to and through a smooth post sales implementation.
- Deeply understand customer environments and requirements,
identifying their platform needs, and designing architecture and
solutions that delight.
- Ensure successful adoption of Upbound and Crossplane technology
into customer production environments.
- Perform technical discovery to scope customer engagements and
contribute to authoring Statements of Work.
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot and solve
technical challenges relating to the implementation phase of
deploying Crossplane and Upbound Cloud based control plane
architectures into their production environments.
- Solve problems and improve customer deployments by writing
code, fixing bugs, and building scoped features within Upbound
products, the provider ecosystem, and the Crossplane core code
- Build and maintain a set of cloud native "reference platforms"
that will help accelerate adoption and position Crossplane and
Upbound as a central piece of the cloud native landscape. See
https://github.com/upbound/platform-ref-aws as an example.
- Work cross-departmentally to find solutions to complex
scenarios and integration issues.
- Be the technical voice of Upbound to the customer, and
represent customer needs internally to influence product
- Be the trusted technical advisor to new and existing customers
by identifying and presenting ongoing technical solutions as the
Upbound product suite grows. You are a good fit if you have:
- Written and maintained code that interfaces with the Kubernetes
API, such as operators, controllers, add-ons, etc.
- Managed production Kubernetes deployments or have been
responsible for deploying/managing workloads running on Kubernetes
- A deep understanding of highly scaled and reliable services,
solutions, and infrastructure in multiple major cloud
- Excellent communication skills - must be capable of effectively
engaging and leading interactions with technical and business
teams, and are comfortable presenting to customer and stakeholders
at varying levels of management
- Worked directly with customers and/or open source community
members to troubleshoot and solve their complex technical issues
preventing successful adoption.
- Deployed and integrated the projects and tools of the Cloud
Native Landscape, especially CNCF projects, into production
- Incorporated modern operational and application delivery tools
and methodologies into your production deployment workflows, like
those from HashiCorp (e.g. Terraform), CI/CD, IaC, and GitOps.
- Programming skills in a modern language (Go is ideal).
- The ability to work closely with people in a wide variety of
disciplines from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Successfully managed multiple projects and priorities in a fast
paced and dynamic environment.
- Excitement and comfort being a key part of further defining,
scaling, and making this critical part of our engineering and
customer solutions efforts thrive. It is a plus if:
- You are actively involved or have contributed to the upstream
- You have a history of speaking at technology conferences,
blogging/writing technical articles, and/or contributing to a
popular open source project.
- You have worked in a startup and distributed/remote team
before, and understand the unique challenges of a startup
- Current CKA or CKAD certification. While building amazing
technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to
building a great culture. With company values like Be Accountable,
Demonstrate Craftsmanship, Champion the Customer, Collaborate
Decisively, Care For Our Communities, Act as an Owner and Engage
Vulnerability; you'll find yourself in a place where learning,
growth, impact, and fun finally intersect. Similar to the open
source community we serve, we look to each other to constantly
iterate and improve on what we're building and you will be a key
contributor in this effort. We encourage people of all backgrounds,
gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that
make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence.
Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being
Keywords: Upbound, Lafayette , Solutions Architect (Post-Sales), Sales , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!